Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's been a busy week.

Seriously. I think I had at least one thing after work every day this week. A lot of holiday festivities. I'm totally pooped, but in a good way.

Today's post is a grab bag of sorts.

During the hustle and bustle, I decided to skip the gym for one week. It's interesting how the body misses it. I went on Friday during the middle of the day and it felt incredible. Even today I can feel just a little soreness in my pecs, abs, biceps, triceps and quads. Nothing crazy, just a good sore.

The streetcar is running. This is obviously a huge thing around my place of work, which I avoid discussing in this blog. However, it really got me thinking about time and vision. It has been a major speaking point for me for the last two and a half years. When Whole Foods opened a year ago, it was like the last week of classes in grade school. You know, where you'd find any excuse to go outside, play games during class, etc. No more tests, no more homework. Summer was right around the corner! I think I crossed the street to check out the new grocery store about 5 times that first day. People wandered over to my work for the first time because they were in the neighborhood for the first time. It was exciting stuff. And now, with the streetcar running, I'm experiencing this all over again. The vision, the speaking points, the facts, pictures, models, etc - it's all here now. The vision is a reality.

I imagine this is what it will feel like when I move into my condo. I've been staring at the marketing materials, models, finishes, etc for so long. It'll be a trip to walk into my place for the first time.

Props to kombucha. I always feel so good after drinking it. Unfortunately, today the "good" is just an improvement over how bad I felt earlier.

Cloverhouse is so convenient. And their design is perfect. I like their logo and little gift bags. They have a great selection of goodies. And did I mention how convenient they are?

Bummer the hawks lost.

I'm curious to see how Knol does. I have noticed myself and others using Wikipedia in a similar verbal fashion as Google. Just busting it out in conversation - "let's Wikipedia it." This dude makes a great point about corporations being welcome to add to Knol.

This is a good one:


LOST returns on January 31st to a Thursday, 9:00 pm time slot. I'm so happy that it isn't on at 10:00 anymore. That made for some late nights.

The Office is hilarious. This is a good "recut" of it... what if The Office was a murder show like Law and Order?:

No comments:

Site Meter