Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I should write something more substantial...

like reviewing the 8 SIFF films I've seen in less than a week. But my mind wants an exercise, something a little more formatted... like, IDK, a survey?


(IDK used in full sarcastic mode, BTW)


1. What are you thinking about right now?
I could use a little more caffeine to jump start my productivity.


2. Is it harder to be rejected or to reject someone?
I think it's harder to reject someone. This is open to debate, and I've had my heart broken a few times - but I think the idea that I could break another's heart is just devastating.


3. What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?
My parents didn't really approve of me listening to "pop" music - so I listened to a lot of Oldies (97.3, KBSG style), classical, and folk. I still have a strange love for John Denver.


4. What is the best thing about your current job?
I'm in such an incredibly happy place. I love the people I work with and interact with on a daily basis. I love the excitement of development going up all around me.


5. Do you wish cell phone etiquette was a required class?
A class sounds a little too structured - but I do think people should avoid being on the phone when interacting with customer service in any form. It's just rude. And people should silence their phones more often. You know, we used to be able to get around without them somehow.


6. What's the last thing you drank?
I have a tea and water with me now.


7. Have you been on a date in the past week?
Nope.


8. In a relationship?
Nope.


9. Are you in love?
With life, yes. And with the sunny weather!


10. Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
A nice balance of both.


12. Do you like pulp-y orange juice?
I don't really dig OJ. If I'm going to have it, I want it a little pulpy, and fresh-squeezed. The first time I ever got sick from drinking was on Screwdrivers - so there you have it.


13. Are you touchy feely?
Depends on my comfort level and the comfort level of those around me. I don't want my physical contact to ever rub anyone the wrong way.


15. Do you prefer the tanning bed or the sun?
I love me some sunshine! I watched a short clip of this new show on E! called Sunset Tan or something like that. They had this little girl on there with her mother spending $1300 on tanning products. Our culture's obsessed right now with obtaining this plastic, artificial, celebrity-inspired perfection. I love flaws. God, I love flaws.


16. What are two of your favorite places to eat?
Good sushi and good Indian. I'm flexible with exact locations.


17. What could you tolerate more someone who snores or sleep walks?
I think someone sleepwalking could completely freak me out. A light snore can be kind of endearing. Definitely snoring.


18. Do you consider yourself bipolar?
No.


19. What's something your friends make fun of you for?
I get a little too excited about stuff sometimes. I'm sure there's a long laundry list of things, but that's all I can think of at the moment.


20. What's your worst personality flaw?
I take things too personally. And end up dwelling on things that really don't matter.


21. Would you ever parachute off of a plane?
Yes. But I'd have to really know what I was doing.


22. Have you ever ridden an elephant?
Nope.


23. Are you Irish in any way?
I might be a little on my Dad's side. I'm a little Heinz57.


24. Have you ever ridden in a U-Haul?
Nope.


25. Do you like to play Scrabble?
Yes. One of my favorites.


26. Have you ever been to a nude beach?
Nope, but I'm pretty comfortable with nudity as long as those around me are as well. I think I could hold my own. And I've read about health benefits of nude sunbathing.


27. Have you ever drank Jack Daniels?
Yes, not a favorite of mine.


28. What are you watching?
Nothing.


29. What are you saving your money up for right now?
My Condo down payment. And accessories for my new macbook. But I'll probably just ask for those for my b'day and xmas.


30. What was the last gift card you received?
Hmmm... probably Trader Joe's or Starbucks. I won a free night at the Courtyard Marriott. Not really a card though.


31. Have you ever gone skinny dipping, if so with who?
Yes, with a bunch of college friends. It was a tradition, and we called it mermaiding. And I've sat in a hot tub naked. Skinny dipping feels good.


32. Does the number of people a person's slept with affect your opinion of them?
No. It can be a factor, but there are a lot of other factors and personality traits that come into play.


33. Have you ever gone to a party where you were the only straight person?
Nope.


34. What do you do when you spy a bug in your house?
I used to totally freak out when I was younger. Now I'm much more tolerant and just ignore them. Unless they're actually biting me.


35. What is your favorite children's movie?
The Last Unicorn


36. Are you happy with your appearance?
Yes.


37. Have you been in love?
Yes.


38. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Lately it's been Cookies & Cream gelato from Whole Foods. Yummers.


39. Current crush?
Lots of little ones, no one special.


40. Do you believe in soulmates?
I think that's an intense word. Maybe I'll feel comfortable using it some day. I do think that some people just have chemistry that works. I also think a lot of people fall into relationships they aren't truly happy in and just try to make it work. Either way, I think there's an incredible amount of work involved in making a relationship work. So even if you think you have met your soulmate, that doesn't make it any easier.


41. Last food you ate?
Deviled eggs.


42. Last beverage consumed?
Um, didn't I just answer that? Tea and water.


43. Biggest regret?
Studying abroad. I still want to travel a lot, but now I'm in a place where I don't have tons of time/money to travel like I want to. I want to do some long-term vagabonding. I still will some day.


44. Who would you take a bullet for?
Any family member. And many friends.


45. Do you pay your own bills?
Yes.


46. Last time you threw up?
New Year's Day. 4 times.


47. When was the last time you lied?
I really try to be honest and genuine, but I'm sure I've lied in some little white lie, "Your hair looks fine." kind of way. Without meaning to. You know? I'm just trying to be honest! :-)


48. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day- what would you be?
A kangaroo.


49. What is your current mood?
Thrilled about the sunshine!!

No comments:

Site Meter