Saturday, May 26, 2007

Knocked Up (the movie)

You've seen the tv spot a few times for Knocked Up by now, right? And your response was probably, "Oh, that looks... uh. Cute. It's got that chick from Grey's Anatomy. And that guy from 40 Year Old Virgin, right?" And then you don't go see it because there is so much great film coming out right now.

My advice - go see it! Maybe my expectations were just low, but it was hilarious. It may sound and look like a chick flick, but it totally holds its own for dude humor. I tend to prefer the dude humor to cheesey romantic comedies, and this one does it well. It has a lot of I-can't-believe-they-just-went-there moments. And lots of good, slightly unexpected use of the word fuck.

Jenny and I went out for Ethiopian at Queen Sheba - on John, right off Broadway - tonight. We had the "meat combo." It was delicious!

No comments:

Site Meter