Sunday, September 9, 2007

Plastic Bags

There's been a lot of buzz lately about plastic bags.

Cities are banning them.

Alternatives are considered hip.

This is just one more example of plastic bags creating buzz. I like it though. Sure, it's a little reminiscent of American Beauty. But I still like it. A series of photographs from different photographers - depicting plastic bags.

It has to make you stop and consider the impact of those fleeting choices we make every day.

I've been on a reusable-bag kick for several months now. It was something I never really took the time to think about, and then I just started to do it. And I feel great about it. Reusable bags are where it's at.

While you're thinking about mass consumption - check out Chris Jordan's work. Here's the plastic bag piece, but his other work is also pretty intense.

No comments:

Site Meter